Monday 6 July 2015

S.H.O.P.P.I.N.G(Pet Shop Boys)

With a family wedding pending and a dress code of grey suit and cadburys purple tie in place, it was decided that Sunday was going to be my chance to purchase the above. As you are aware shopping is not my favourite past time but Operation Arndale was up and running.

Manchester as expected was full to bursting and it was an ordeal just to get down station approach, the journey to Burtons was twice as bad and i had worked myself into quite a state by this time!! On entering the shop a young lady asked if she could help me with anything. A few thoughts crossed my mind but i didnt think them appropriate so explained that i wished to purchase a suit. She quickly pointed me in the right direction and after about 20 minutes i was armed with everything i required. Its pleasing to know there are these sort of shop assistants out there and the fact i was £160 worse off was eased by her competance. Shopping aint that bad i guess!!

With bags on arm it was off for some liquid refreshments and even £5 a pint in one establishment didnt deter me off my goal to get pissed. Five hours later it was mission accomplished!!

With the weather changing for the better evening meals have contained alot of salad lately. I requested coleslaw and due to my lady forgetting her glasses i ended up with Florida Salad. I have never heard of it let alone tried it before. If you have never come across it before go out and get some!! Pineapples, mandrines, cabbage and apple all coated in mayonnaise is to bloody die for. It livened up my plate and will most definately be a feature in up and coming meals.

Saturdays work was halted with the upsetting news that my son Jack had had an accident. He had crashed his scooter at the local skateboard park and his knee was in a bad way(something about knees in my family)!! I rushed to hospital and was shown graphic pictures of his injury. It was horrific but massive credit to my son as he was in good spirits and the nurses were doing a great job managing his pain. Unfortunately they were unable to close the wound in surgery so he is still in hospital awaiting a second operation. Very proud of how he is coping with this ordeal and i will keep you all updated on his recovery!!

No comments:

Post a Comment