Saturday 18 July 2015

Young at Heart (Bluebells 1984)

There are various signs we get that we are getting older. Losing your hair,perhaps even a few grey ones?, bad back, dodgy knees or maybe the extra one or two laughter lines starting to appear!! Well for me amongst others, its the eyesight. I can see perfectly clear into the distance but just lately i have started to use glasses for reading. I only use them at home as i try to gain some confidence wearing them!! Last Sunday morning i nipped out to buy the papers and also to pick up some painkillers to soothe my head after a good Saturdays drinking. I was rushing to get back as the weather was terrible so i grabbed what i thought were some ibuprofen and paracetemol off the shelf and made my way home. When i got back and put my glasses on to catch up with the news i noticed i had purchased hayfever and constipation tablets instead!! I certainly wont be sneezing with itchy eyes whilst i am sat on the toilet trying to have a poo eh..I am still very much young at heart even though my eyes are slowly fading..

My son Jack is now out of hospital and he is doing really well with his knee. He is very cheerful and hasnt let his accident get him down at all. Every time i ask him how he is feeling he always replies with "with my fingers dad". He must get his sense of humour of his mother if you ask me!!

My pool career went up another level again on Wednesday. I was asked to play for the pub team again after my heroics only seven days earlier. I agreed to once again put my unbeaten record on the block!! I dont play all that tippy tappy cagey stuff. If a ball can be potted then i will have a go. The longer the shot the better with my eyes!! I was thrown into another must win game and i romped home with ease for the second week running. At this rate i will be in the race for "Player of the Season"!!

Still doing the knee exercises that my physio gave me. I am back to see him in a couple of weeks time so i am hoping for some good news.......

No comments:

Post a Comment